Sunday, August 1, 2010

About Me

I am a personal trainer and love to do triathlons and run. I've done a handful of 1/2 Marathons and one Marathon. My true love though, is Triathlons.

My start into the world of endurance sports began after my second child. I had a hard time losing the weight I gained during pregnancy. I thought if I took my focus off losing weight, it would happen. So for about three years I did Triathlons and 1/2 marathons. Well, even that didn't work.

I went to the Dr. because I knew I was expending much more energy than I was taking in. She ran a series of test which showed I was hypothyroid. Relieved that I had a reason for what I had been feeling and a hope that I could finally change my body weight, I went on Armour for my thyroid. My hope was short lived however because it still didn't help me lose weight.

I certainly know how to eat healthy and what type of exercise I need to be doing. Nothing was working. I changed my diet it several times to find something that would work. Juicing, green smoothies, coconut oil, yeast free diet, gluten free..... you name it. Nothing worked. I was beyond frustrated. To top it off, I was really beginning to enjoy Triathlons and had done several. But it was impossible to decrease my finishing time because of the extra 15-20 lbs I was carrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment