Monday, August 2, 2010

Why hCG?

One word. Desperation. Nothing else has worked, what do I have to lose? Aside from my husband, no one else knows, so I can't lose credibility, only my mind....which I think I have already lost because this goes against EVERYTHING I've been taught for nutrition and as a Personal Trainer!

I mean it goes against EVERYTHING!

I first heard about the hCG Diet from a client.

  • What? No exercise? No way!
  • Only 500 calories a day? You're body will go into starvation mode and you will lose muscle! Besides, anyone can lose weight on 500 calories!
  • Lose 1-2 lbs a day? Impossible. You can only lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week, anymore is water and/or muscle
  • Inject yourself with a pregnancy hormone that costs $1200? Can you say SCAM! OK, that really is a scam! I got my drops for $39 and I know you can find them even cheaper!
  • Gorge yourself for 2 days on high fat, high calorie food? Ummmm, yeah. THAT sounds healthy!

So I talked her out of it. I did read up on it though, and from everything I read, it confirmed my beliefs.

I heard about it again, several months later from a homeopath that I really respected. She wasn't using it with her clients, but her friend did it and lost 20 lbs and she struggled with thyroid issues too. So I looked it up, and again, put it off.

A month later, I got an email from a well respected Dr. that puts out healthy webinars. He was doing one on weight loss with hCG. So I began researching and I came across a lot of blogs of real people who were having real success.

I became obsessed with finding out more information about the hCG diet. For a week straight, that is all I could think about. I read every blog, forum, website and youtube video I could find about the diet. Then I got the crazy idea of trying it. The only problem was you can't exercise and I had two really important races coming up. One was a big distance goal I had been training hard for. What should I do?

Our summer vacation is coming up and it would be fabulous to be 15-20 lbs lighter and feel comfortable in a bathing suit for a change.

So, I decided to try it. I braced myself for my husbands reaction. (He's a personal trainer too) Surprisingly, he was supportive. Wow. Much more than I would have been with this crazy sounding diet. He's an awesome husband and supportive of everything I do.

I ordered my homeopathic drops. No injections for me, thank you very much! They arrived the very next day! Yikes! I planned my load day for my birthday and the following night was girls night out. PERFECT!!

BTW.....I'm still a HUGE skeptic! But I will follow the protocol to Dr. Simeons "Pounds and Inches" to a "T" and give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment