Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 3 P3

Weight 137.8 - +1 (Not worried about the gain at all. Still in my 2 lb window and I had .6 loss yesterday)

I know I can eat more foods, but honestly salads sounds the best right now, so I'm sticking to that.

Breakfast - Crustless Quiche & Latte

Lunch - Rest of the Quiche & Zevia (I feel like such a rebel having Zevia! LOL)

Dinner - Salad, w/grilled chicken & Ranch

Dessert - To.Die.For Cheese Cake! OMG! This was oh so good! I'm thinking my tummy does not like dairy though. It was still worth it.

Recipe

    2 Eggs
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups sour cream
    1/2 cup Xylitol (Natural Sweetner-doesn't effect insulin /blood sugar)
    16 oz cream cheese, softened.
    2 T melted butter.


In a large bowl, blend together eggs, vanilla, sour cream and Xylitol.
Slowly add butter and cream cheese.
Spoon mix into a 10 inch cake pan or ramekins.

If desired, you can make a crust from 1 1.2 cups ground almonds, 1/4 cup xylitol and 1/4 butter. Mix all together like you would graham cracker crust and line pan or ramekins.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 min if cooking ramekins, 35-40 min for cake pan. This will not look done, but will firm up when refrigerated.

Place ramekins in a water bath or place a shallow pan with water in oven below the pan or ramekins.

For the topping, I pureed the strawberries with a little xylitol and poured over the cheese cake. I topped it with homemade whip cream and added strawberries and blueberries.

Place in refrigerator until it is chilled. It can be frozen too.

YUMMMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment